Thursday 10 July 2008

Possible Fix for Parallel Desktop that read Boot Camp Partitions

I think this should be THE Possible Fix for the Problem that Boot camp cannot be loaded after the [IDE devices] section in your *.pvs file is configured.

This is part of my IDE devices section:

[IDE devices]
Disk 0:0 enabled = 1
Disk 0:0 = 1
Disk 0:0 media = 1
Disk 0:0 connected = 1
Disk 0:0 image = Boot Camp;disk0s3
Disk 0:0 cylinders = 0
Disk 0:0 heads = 0
Disk 0:0 sectors = 0
Disk 0:1 enabled = 1
Disk 0:1 = 2
Disk 0:1 media = 1
Disk 0:1 connected = 1
Disk 0:1 image = Default CD/DVD-ROM
Disk 1:0 enabled = 1
Disk 1:0 = 1
Disk 1:0 media = 0
Disk 1:0 connected = 1
Disk 1:0 image = disk Exchange.hdd
Disk 1:0 cylinders = 3184
Disk 1:0 heads = 16
Disk 1:0 sectors = 63
Disk 1:1 enabled = 0
Disk 1:1 = 0

Please read his approach first before you download the file

If you are not skillful enough, don't try it yourselves. Ask those who is good in Windows XP or at least good in computer to configure sp2.cab stuff. I have mine Boot Camp running in the Parallel Desktop after I change my SP2.cab file in my Windows Partition. However after Parallel Desktop loads and runs, it seems that I cannot access my CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive. I am still looking for information to fix this or I might think of fixing this by myself. An Advice for all of you: Do not try to run "Heavy-Duty" program like those 3D games on your Parallel Desktop.

No comments: